Please note that our PDF eBooks are available for purchase by South Africans as well as overseas shoppers.
THIS IS A SEPARATE ONLINE SHOP, and will require you to register an account, so that you can access the download area after making your payment.
A vital parent/teacher handbook – written by teachers with many years of experience, and a sense of humour!
Step-by-step, non-prescriptive guide to what is expected of learners in Grade 1.
Useful and practical tips for both teachers and parents – always at their fingertips.
Ensures co-operative parental involvement in the child’s learning.
Total number of pages: 30
Author: H. Neunborn
2. Some general hints before we start
3. What practical skills must my child have before starting Grade One?
4. What can I do to help my child become more independent?
5. What can I do to ensure my child has a good day at school?
6. What else can I do to help my child have a happy year in Grade One?
7. What about homework?
8. What can I do to help my child learn to read?
9. What can I do to help my child read with comprehension?
10. How can I make a meaningful improvement in my child’s reading?
11. What physical activities can my child do regularly to help him in Grade One?
12. What can I do to develop language and hearing skills for my child?
13. What can I do to develop mathematical skills with my child?
14. Some tips for report-time
15. Conclusion: some final words