A vital parent/teacher handbook – written by teachers with many years of experience, and a sense of humour!
Step-by-step, non-prescriptive guide to what is expected of learners in Grades 4–6.
Useful and practical tips for both teachers and parents – always at their fingertips.
Ensures co-operative parental involvement in the child’s learning.
Total number of pages: 40
Author: A. Scott
2. General hints before we start
3. How can I prepare myself and my child for the ‘jump’ to the Intermediate Phase?
4. How do I let go even more?
5. What do I do to ensure my child has a good day at school?
6. What else can I do to help my child have a happy year?
7. How do I help my child be assertive?
8. How do I recognise bullying and what can I do about it?
9. What are the different subjects and what are they about?
10. How do I get my child organised?
11. How do I help my child with homework?
12. How can my child become more digitally savvy?
13. How do I help my child get going with a project?
14. What about all these tests?
15. What study skills would be useful for my child?
16. Can you give me some tips to help my child with spelling
17. How do I deal with tests and other feedback?
18. How do I read the end-of-term report?
19. Demystifying some of the terminology