Please note that our PDF eBooks are available for purchase by South Africans as well as overseas shoppers.
THIS IS A SEPARATE ONLINE SHOP, and will require you to register an account, so that you can access the download area after making your payment.
Note: these worksheets have previously been published in issues of the annual Ratpack.
A selection of lesson fillers, covering a bit of this and a bit of that. Includes reference to: style, South African English, humour, stereotyping and sentimentality, false/manipulative news, advertising.
1. Language in Action: Register and intention
2. Language in Action: Colloquial Language
3. Language in Action: South African English
4. South African Etiquette: Integrated Language
5. A worksheet on stereotyping and sentimentality
6. A Time to Laugh: A look at how humour is created
7. Worksheet: Tune into the Hits
8. Persuasive Language:
News and Current Affairs
A Persuasive speech
9. Language Skills Worksheet: Vivisection
10. Bottle it up: An advertising Assignment
No of pages: 22
Complied by The Macrat Team
Gr 8 – 12
Download, copy and hand out to the learners!