Please note that our PDF eBooks are available for purchase by South Africans as well as overseas shoppers.
THIS IS A SEPARATE ONLINE SHOP, and will require you to register an account, so that you can access the download area after making your payment.
The purpose of this project is to contextualize some functional writing and language issues that learners need to understand. This newspaper project ties the ideas into a realistic, practical situation and the skills are understood more clearly and practised more efficiently. It is also much more fun!
Some aspects included:
- Fact and Opinion
- Emotive Language
- Connotation & Denotation
- Two kinds of news reportsWriting a news report
- How to voice your opinion / personal comment
- Intention / Style / register / tone
- How to write letters to the Editor
- Visual literacy
- Advertising / classifieds
- Linguistic techniques in advertising
Complied by N. Kirby
Number of pages: 37
Download, copy and hand out to the learners!